Whether you are updating your marketing plan, getting up to speed on your competitor intel, or developing a new product or service you need to be armed with knowledge. While basic website searches are the first round of cuts to content, research, and trademark and copyright insight the next round of cuts shouldn’t be your attorney. One more level is critical.
Our panel speakers are beyond knowledgable on this often skipped layer. And since the marketing department is the natural catch-all for this type of research and insight you need to have a few tricks up your sleeve. Meet our panel:
Martha Gregory, Research Wizard from Tulsa City-County Library - with over 30 years experience at the library, Martha has been a researcher, business information instructor and consultant for companies, organizations, government and individuals. She has degrees from University of Tulsa and Oklahoma State University. The Research Wizard coordinators provide affordable and custom research results in the many relevant areas.
- How to access the Deep Web for competitive information, market research, industry trends, technological material, demographic and economic data, market mapping, intellectual property screenings, and database design and construction
- How to be power user of the Tulsa City-County Library for your business
- Tips and tricks to the middle layer of trademark, copyright, and product research
John Behles, Intellectual Property Attorney from BEHLES VAN STADEN, PLC - is an intellectual property law attorney focused on serving clients ranging in size from large multinational corporations to individual entrepreneurs and skilled artisans. He is highly adept at the efficient acquisition and utilization of intellectual property assets including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. His legal expertise in combination with his clients' entrepreneurial drive gives him a unique perspective that both liberates and protects creative and motivated businesses and individuals.
- Avoiding copyright and trademark infringement in written, design, audio and video content
- How to know your great idea or new product name is available for protection
- How to protect your great idea or new product
- Other tips to stay legal in the pursuit of something cool
LOCATION: The Summit Club: 15 W 6th St., 30th Floor, Tulsa, OK 74119
TO RSVP and PAY online (skip the line) click the "...Get Tickets" button below.
RSVP ONLY: To pay at the event and ensure we save you a seat and good food please fill out the RSVP ONLY form below.